Metal is a great conductor for electricity
- Don’t wear metal jewelry or watchbands when working on electrical circuits.
- Use tools with non-conducting handles.
- When possible, work on electrical circuits with 1 hand, keeping the other away from conductive materials.
Humans are decent conductors of electricity
- Don’t touch electrical circuits with your fingers.
- Should someone come into contact with electricity, don’t touch them; shut down the main power.
- Never touch anyone’s electrical circuits unless invited to do so.
Water is a decent conductor of electricity
- If there is a spill, shut off the main power before doing anything else.
- Never work with electrical circuits with wet hands or on a wet floor.
- Always drain capacitors before working near them.